Your three year warranty is made up of 12 months manufacturer's and 2 years Ford Protect Mechanical Breakdown.
During the base warranty period - If any part of the vehicle requires repair or replacement as a result of a manufacturing defect, the part will be repaired or replaced completely free of charge by any Ford Authorised Dealer, regardless of any change of ownership.
If my vehicle is serviced at a non Ford Dealer, will my Ford warranty be invalidated?
No, but you must ensure that:
• Your vehicle is serviced as recommended by Ford (timing and content).
• Your vehicle is serviced using genuine Ford branded parts or parts that match the quality of genuine Ford branded parts.
• Your vehicles Maintenance Record is completed and receipts are retained as evidence that the vehicle has been serviced at the correct intervals, in line with Ford Service Schedules, using the correct parts and fluids. This will assist in the event of a warranty claim for defects that may be influenced by incorrect maintenance intervals or content.
If any part of the original bodywork of the vehicle is perforated by corrosion, the panel(s) affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced by any Ford Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge, regardless of any change in vehicle ownership.
Note: The term 'perforation' means a hole that penetrates through the bodywork caused by corrosion from the inside or underside as a result of faulty manufacture. Note: The term 'bodywork' does not include road wheels and attachments such as bright trim, bumpers, mouldings and hinges.
Length of anti-perforation warranty
The perforation warranty lasts between 6 and 12 years (depending on model). Refer to your vehicle's Service Portfolio for the warranty periods applicable to your vehicle.
To ensure the validity of the warranty you must make sure that you:
• Maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions.
• Ensure that the body panels are examined annually, (this can be done at the time of your scheduled service) and that the results of the check are recorded in the vehicle's body and paint record to maintain the vehicle's perforation warranty.
What is NOT covered by the perforation warranty
• Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, or improper use.
• Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions.
• Factors beyond Ford control, such as: airborne contamination, storm damage, stone chips, scratches and the use of unsuitable cleaning agents.
• Repairs using methods that have not been approved by Ford.
• Failure to rectify on a timely basis any paint or corrosion damage identified during the annual body & paint check.
PLEASE NOTE: That during the warranty period - whilst you may take your vehicle to the garage of your choice - we strongly recommend that you take it to a Ford Dealership. That way you can be sure that genuine Ford parts are being used by Ford trained technicians and therefore safe guarding your warranty. With today's high spec engines - it is crucial that the correct working practices are carried out using the right parts.
THESE WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE CORRECT AS AT AUGUST 2009 - HOWEVER, IT'S WORTH NOTING, THEY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, BY THE MANUFACTURER, IN THE FUTURE